Job Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Clinical Psychology
The Clinical Psychology Department at Suresh Gyan Vihar University is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our team as an Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will contribute to the department's academic mission through teaching, research, and service activities.
- Develop and deliver undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses in clinical psychology, including lectures, seminars, and workshops.
- Create and update course materials, including syllabi, reading lists, and assignments, to reflect current research and best practices.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Supervise student research projects, theses, and dissertations.
- Conduct original research in the field of clinical psychology.
- Publish research findings in reputable academic journals and present at conferences.
- Seek external funding opportunities to support research projects and write grant proposals.
- Participate in departmental meetings, committees, and contribute to the development and improvement of departmental policies and procedures.
- Engage with the local community and relevant professional organizations to promote the department and the field of clinical psychology.
- Contribute to the university's broader academic and community engagement initiatives.
- Attend conferences, workshops, and seminars to stay updated with the latest research and developments in clinical psychology.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with colleagues, industry experts, and other professionals in the field.
- Serve as a reviewer for academic journals or contribute articles to scholarly publications.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Clinical Psychology from a recognized institution.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
- Evidence of a productive research agenda, including publications and conference presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute to a collegial academic community.