The Polymath School is Mumbai's first K-12 Project-Based-Learning (PBL) School.
In projects that typically last 3-4 months, we integrate rich content, 21st-century skills and human values in the context of a real-life problem or a challenge. The interdisciplinary nature of projects, along with the real-life context, makes learning come alive for students and educators. Teachers as Scholars The notion of educators working as scholars is alien to most schools.
Responsibilities: The Polymath School is looking for an energetic and motivated assistant educator to support the main class educator. Responsibilities include:
● Supporting main class educator to conduct differentiated classes
● Follow regular educator’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate
● Developing strong one-to-one relations with students
● Maintaining a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
● Preparation of materials and setting up of play areas
● Helping students take charge of their own learning
● Maintaining observational records of every student progress for report card
● Modifying teaching styles to fit the learning styles of various students
● Substituting classes as per requirements
● Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
● Attend parent-teacher meetings
● Attending professional development sessions such as training, classroom observations, feedback conversations, etc
● Implementing feedback in a timely and appropriate manner
● Attend in-school and outdoors trainings and team outings (visit to other schools, field trips, overnight camps, etc) for educational and team building purposes Additional responsibilities include:
● Supervising students out of class, such as in the hallways
● Developing strong one-to-one relations with students and parents
● Documenting all work & support in creation of charts
● Participating in parent outreach / marketing initiatives
● Admissions counseling Prerequisites
● Prior Experience of a minimum 2 years of teaching in a school setting is required.
● Excellent oral & written English
● Love for learning and research
● Flexible, friendly and good at establishing quick rapport with students ● Ability to work in teams
● Carry your own laptop
CTC Salary: Rs. 10,000 - 17,000 /- per month
2. Telephonic or video call interview
3. A written bio-sketch, questionnaire & IQ-test
4. Classroom demo (1-2 classroom demos)
5. Structured interview
6. Reference Checks - Submission & Verification of Documents
7. Job Offer Joining Date Immediate
Apply Only If: - 1. Willing to commit at least one year to the School.
2. You stay in or close to Bhiwandi.
Jobs by Categories
Jobs by Locations
Jobs by Designations