Teaching AS/A Level Psychology at Avasara Academy
Cambridge International AS & A Level Psychology is designed to give students an understanding of psychological concepts, theories and research methodology. Read more details about the Cambridge International AS and A Level Psychology here.
- Document curricula, lesson plans and assessments accurately and clearly.
- Contribute to setting departmental goals and enhancing coordination across the curriculum.
- Create and maintain a safe and positive learning environment for all students.
- Model excellent instruction.
- Maintain a focus on high student achievement.
- Monitor student progress to ensure students’ learning and understanding.
- Communicate with students, teachers and parents about students’ progress.
- Contribute to a healthy school culture that supports students' academic, co-curricular, cultural and socio/emotional needs.
- Collaborate with and support colleagues within your department and across the school.
- Promote a vibrant extracurricular environment.
- Serve as an Advisor in our effective advisory program.
- Ensure that disciplinary guidelines are fairly and consistently applied.
- Provide for transparent, constructive and ongoing evaluation of self and peers.
- Contribute to school-wide goals and objectives.
- Serve and lead committees as required.
- Engage with and value all staff members, students, families, visitors and supporters.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You have experience teaching Cambridge AS/A Psychology.
- Mastery of the English language (reading, writing, speaking) is required. Proficiency in Hindi and/or Marathi (or a willingness to learn) is a plus.
- You have a personal interest in behavioral sciences and like to keep yourself updated on new developments in this area.
- Experience using differentiated instructional practices, and able to teach students of mixed abilities through differentiated and personalized approaches.
- Experience teaching in a student-centered classroom environment.
- Experience participating in teams composed of individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and national backgrounds.
- Experience using data to drive instruction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- You think creatively to identify solutions.
- You are ambitious, and flexible.
- You embody the very type of leader the Academy aspires to create—you are an agent of positive change, and live up to our values of Integrity, Reflection, Empathy, Excellence, Interdependence, Fortitude, and Optimism.
- You believe wholeheartedly in the mission and vision of Avasara Academy.
- You are a highly reflective practitioner